Softwerx is a Cambridge based, leading provider of cloud security and compliance services to businesses throughout the UK. Softwerx holds a number of industry standard accreditations including ISO27001 and Cyberessentials(plus).Softwerx is a founder member of the Cloud Industry Forum and a Microsoft gold partner.
Data Protection Officer
About this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains how and why we collect and process your personal data from a marketing perspective, which will normally be associated with our website. If you are already a customer of ours, how we process your personal data will be covered in detail as part of your service agreement and/or our general terms and conditions.
Personal Data that we collect
We recognise the term ‘Personal Data’ as formally defined by the General Data Protection Register (GDPR), Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament. We only collect a limited amount of data that allows us to market our services effectively.
We may collect the following information when you fill in a web form:
- Name, company and job title
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We will collect any information you provide to us through our LiveChat service.
We may collect the following information through cookies or browser settings:
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Tracking information such as pages visited, duration of visit and other viewing information.
If you are a business, we may also track:
- Your IP address.
- Using your IP address, we may collect your business contact details.
Why we collect Personal Data
We collect your personal data to improve the services and solutions that we offer and deliver. We also collect your Personal Data to effectively market our services and solutions to you, because we believe that these may be of interest to your organisation.
How we collect Personal Data
We typically collect and process personal data in relation to our website and, or general marketing activities. Where we do this, we outsource our digital marketing activities to a third-party called Growthlabs Consultants Ltd. Growthlabs Consultants Ltd use a number of different tools and technologies including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Lead Liaison and Live Chat. Your information can be collected via reverse IP lookup (business details only), form completion or LiveChat interaction by you or cookie related technologies to track usage.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your device’s web browser from a website and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
- For use in Google Analytics and other services to track website traffic data, which is reported anonymously for analytical purposes. This allows us to understand how our website is used and to improve its efficiency.
- To tailor our website to your specific needs.
- For advertising, ad targeting and remarketing purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use third party cookies from Lead Liaison, Google Adwords and Google Analytics to collect data about user behaviour.
Our remarketing strategies may place banner ads on subsequent websites you visit. Clicking on these ads will direct you back to our website group.
We may also use Google’s DoubleClick’s remarketing pixels. You can opt out of these on Google.
If you wish to turn off cookies it is usually possible to stop your browser from accepting them:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer on desktop.
- Cookie settings in Edge on desktop.
- Cookie settings in Opera on desktop.
- Cookie settings in Firefox.
- Cookie settings in Chrome on desktop and on mobile.
- Cookie settings in Safari on desktop and iPhone.
For people who visit our Website
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
E-newsletter, Webinar and Downloads from our Website
We use a third-party provider, Lead Liaison, to deliver our e-newsletter, email you our webinar booking confirmations and to email you our PDF downloads. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
We process your data and market to you on the basis of this legitimate interest in line with the GDPR guidance of the ICO found here and the DMA found here. If at any point you no longer wish to receive marketing communication from us all our emails include an unsubscribe link, or you can email us at email@example.com.
For people who use our Live Chat Service
We use a third-party provider, Live Chat, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time. If you use the LiveChat service we will collect your name, email address (optional) and the contents of your LiveChat session.
If you do not want us to collect your Personal Data
If you do not want Softwerx to collect and process your Personal Data with regard to our website and marketing activities, please do not submit your data to our website forms or LiveChat.
Links to Other Websites
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your specific Rights with regard to your Personal Data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
As a business, by providing your personal information to our website, or by making your company information available via your IP address, you consent to be contacted for direct marketing purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you have completed a form on our website, you can indicate to us that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us email@example.com.
- Any direct marketing emails set to you will include an unsubscribe link by which you may remove your email address from our mailing list.
- If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To understand more about your specific rights and, or to exercise these rights in conjuction with this Privacy Notice please contact our Data Protection Officer (Nigel Couchman) on 01268 740200.